More Heart Failure Info
If these files are hard to read, please use the text button on your browser to increase text size. This button is usually a capital "A" at the top of your browser window.
Clinical Trials Info
- Medical trials regulation overview
- MERIT-HF and other beta-blocker trials
- CHF pacemaker trials
- Vasotec (enalapril maleate) trials
- Prinivil/Zestril (lisinopril) trials
- Avapro (irbesartan) trials
- Diovan (valsartan) trials
- IV Inotropes ease end-stage CHF & improve symptoms
Heart Failure Drugs
- Losartan (Cozaar - an ARB) and kidney failure studies
- Toprol-XL is not the same as metoprolol!
Heart Failure Testing & Measurements
- Vo2max testing as it relates to heart failure patients (this is in rich text format)
- T-Wave Alternans and Heart Failure Mortality
All Other Info
- Bundle Branch Block
- Pulmonary Hypertension basics
- Heart Assist Device overview
- Magnesium overview
- Financial aid for buying meds
- mediGap insurance companies
- Angioseal for sealing cath puncture site
- Good reason to choose cath/angioplasty hospital wisely
- Be certain your surgeon's team uses a BIS
- Systolic blood pressure and mortality
- When your blood potassium levels get too low,...
- What is the RAS or renin-angiotensin system? (pretty technical)
- General atrial fibrillation info
- Sleep-wake rhythms - chronotherapy
- Heart transplant and pregnancy
- Religious activities encourage good health
- Apheresis, Plasmapheresis, Photopheresis - treating organ rejection
- Diabetes drugs and heart failure warning!
Updated August 18, 2006
All information on this site is opinion only. All concepts, explanations, trials, and studies have been re-written in plain English and may contain errors. I am not a doctor. Use the reference information at the end of each article to search MedLine for more complete and accurate information. All original copyrights apply. No information on this page should be used by any person to affect their medical, legal, educational, social, or psychological treatment in any way. I am not a doctor. This web site and all its pages, graphics, and content copyright © 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Jon C.